From The Daily Kos, by Bill in Maine:
A few reminders on this, the last full day of summer:
• This has been the warmest summer on record. Or, if you prefer, the coolest summer on record in James Inhofe’s imagination.
• The Republican running for president fills his speeches with a string of non-stop lies and his followers love him because he “tells it like it is.”
• The Democrat running for president is generating huge controversy by existing.
• You can still be fired for being gay in 29 states and for being transgender in 32.
• Black lives still don’t matter as much as white lives.
• The only thing taking over the world faster than robots is pumpkin spice.
• The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act continues to reduce the number of uninsured in America and is growing in popularity. Republicans are starting to want you to forget they ever opposed it.
• A little more mansplaining about ladyparts will cause women to flock to vote Republican in November.
• If the world doesn’t end on October 31st, you’ll probably want to weigh the pros and cons of tossing out the coleslaw in the back of the fridge that expired in June.
Bring on fall.