That’s the only explanation for this comment:
“I mean, to see sort of congenital, presumptive obstruction and negativity is very concerning,” she continued, “because it just means that the government can’t function fully, and that they’re obstructing regardless of who the individual is that’s being considered, regardless of the post that needs to be filled. And it’s very frustrating.”
First Michelle Obama’s speech was plagiarized by Melania, now Trump has stolen the cake from Obama’s 2013 inauguration.
Have these people no shame?
Duff Goldman @Duff_Goldman
The cake on the left is the one I made for President Obama’s inauguration 4 years ago. The one on the right is Trumps. I didn’t make it.
Former Speaker Newt Gingrich on Wednesday defended Donald Trump’s remarks about a former Miss Universe’s weight gain, blaming the woman for gaining the weight.
“You’re not supposed to gain 60 pounds during the year that you’re Miss Universe,” Gingrich told a Log Cabin Republicans event in Washington, according to the Daily Mail.
I get more than a little tired of men (Trump, I’m lookin’ at you, too) who are in incredibly poor physical shape and yet they feel they are the arbiters of what women should look like.
I worked for a doctor who looked like Gingrich here and, because of his wealth, was married to a very slim woman. (She later divorced his ass after the kids were gone.) This doctor used to criticize women of normal weight and looks as not being up to his high standards. I just wanted to scream, “Have you looked in the mirror??!”
Last night on “Full Frontal” with Samantha Bee, she played the clip from the debate where Trump goes on and on about Hillary not looking presidential and her lack of “stamina.” Samantha finally says, “Why don’t you just come out and say ‘penis’?” Exactly.
From The Daily Kos, by Bill in Maine:
A few reminders on this, the last full day of summer:
• This has been the warmest summer on record. Or, if you prefer, the coolest summer on record in James Inhofe’s imagination.
• The Republican running for president fills his speeches with a string of non-stop lies and his followers love him because he “tells it like it is.”
• The Democrat running for president is generating huge controversy by existing.
• You can still be fired for being gay in 29 states and for being transgender in 32.
• Black lives still don’t matter as much as white lives.
• The only thing taking over the world faster than robots is pumpkin spice.
• The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act continues to reduce the number of uninsured in America and is growing in popularity. Republicans are starting to want you to forget they ever opposed it.
• A little more mansplaining about ladyparts will cause women to flock to vote Republican in November.
• The world may end on October 31st.
• If the world doesn’t end on October 31st, you’ll probably want to weigh the pros and cons of tossing out the coleslaw in the back of the fridge that expired in June.
Bring on fall.